SJD scnery for FS9 anounced

Read the latest announcements about our products, upgrades, releases, etc.

Moderator: bajasim

SJD scnery for FS9 anounced

Postby bajasim » 25 Oct 2010, 19:38

We are proud to announce the first Bajasim project for FS9, a mexican airport: San Jose del Cabo International Airport (MMSD).

Located at the bottom of Baja Peninsula. it is a very busy airport. Some main characteristics of this scenery are:

•Realistic buildings placement
•High detail
•Advanced render techniques
•Texture & poly optimization
•HD textures
•Smooth taxiway lines
•Photoreal ground textures
•High FPS
•Reworked Landclass
•Custom vehicles, vegetation, signs, etc!
•For FS9 only (FSX version coming soon)

The scenery is in current development, this images could be diferent from the final version.

bajasim
Site Admin

Re: SJD scnery for FS9 anounced

Postby duckbilled » 25 Oct 2010, 20:48

Looks fantastic. I can't wait for your FSX stuff. No FS9 for me anymore.

Curious, were you guys members of another group or were you formed from another project?

I have posted this in a number of forums and this seems like the most appropriate place to post this request. I know it would be a big seller and I know I would pay a lot for it.

One of the most popular holiday destinations in the world is very poorly represented in FSX (and FS9) - Cancun, Cozumel and Riviera Maya. This area has 100's of hotels/resorts and four airports including two international airports. In FSX, none of the resorts and very little of the cities are represented. In fact, they completly omitted one airport - Playa Del Carmen. The area is one of the top destinations for Americans outside of the US and it is very popular with Canadians as well. It is also becoming a popular destination for Europeans (especially Brits). There is a version of MMUN by TropicalSim that is OK but it doesn't address the rest of the region. This is what I would love to see:

Mesh and accurate land/water class for the entire area (Isla Mujeres to Tulum)
Isla Mujeres Airport, city and hotels
Cancun Airport
Cancun Downtown and Hotel Zone
Riveria Maya Resorts
Playa Del Carmen Airport, city and resorts
Cozumel Airport, city and resorts
Ferry traffic between Cancun and Isla Mujeres
Ferry Traffic between Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel.

This could be one of the greatest packages ever created for FSX if it is done right. It would appeal to people across the globe. It would appeal to people that like VFR flying and those that like to fly heavies across the pond. It is a destination for European charters, American and Canadian charters, US and Canadian legacy carriers, US and Canadian low-cost carriers, Mexican airlines, South American airlines, Caribbean Airlines, Central American Airlines...

Thanks for listening and welcome.
duckbilled

Postby bajasim » 26 Oct 2010, 22:31

Hi duckbilled, thanks for your post, we are always interested in having feedback from people who enjoy flight simulation like us.

Soon we will post information about the outcoming projects right after SJD release. SJD was planned not only as an airport, it is completed with a photorealistic scenery for south baja, with custom mesh and autogen, it will be released as a separate item after the FSX version of SJD comes out .Then we will decide (together with your suggestions) the next main project, and as you said, Cancun and the Riviera Maya area could be a very good option; we'll see.

Thanks for your suggestions and welcome!

Bajasim Staff
bajasim
Site Admin

Postby yankeeromeo » 27 Oct 2010, 11:36

Hello Bajasim staff,

Very happy to discover your work, waiting for your FSX version too, i'm running unikely FSXA.
Saw your screenshots, have to admit = Very nice done and impressive.
Now ,if i can, and i understand your "Hollyday" detstinations concerns, but PLS would you do some for Freighters Ops, mean, would you create a "very" detailed Freight area within each of your Airports, when apply , ?
Airports Freight areas are to often forgotten, yes, you'll understood, i mostly fly Freight Ops, Heavy load... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Any Mexican Airports will be cool, the majors one a + but smaller one will be fine too, not less than 5'500 ft Rnwy lenght :D :D
Congrats for your work and whish you the road of success.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
yankeeromeo

Postby bajasim » 28 Oct 2010, 10:40

Hi Yankeeromeo,
Thanks for your comments, let me tell you we are designing this airport as "simmers" not only as programers or designers, we are modeling thinking in how we like to feel at the airport stage.

Right now, SJD has not a dedicated area for freight operations. At north plataform there is under construcion an extension of the tarmac wich will be used for general aviation, the area is too big just for small jets and props, so maybe they are planning a cargo facility up there. We will release patchs and upgrades of the new buidings being constructed as part of our support effort.

Personally i do love flying cargo at night, so be confident our sceneries will be modeled with hi detail in this areas.
Thanks and Welcome!

Bajasim Staff
bajasim
Site Admin

Postby kar54 » 28 Oct 2010, 12:09

Bajasim Staff,

Your screenshots look fantastic! I spend a great deal of my time flying south of the US boarder and flying to Mexico/Central America in particular. I have sceneries by Taxi2Gate, TropicalSim and FlyMex. I must admit, your level of detail looks as good if not better than anything I have in my collection. I'm especially happy to see you have selected MMSD for your first endeavor. I don't have a real good version of this airport and look forward to your release in the near future. Good luck, I hope to be one of your first customers!

Tom
KCOS
kar54

Postby yankeeromeo » 29 Oct 2010, 08:08

Hello Bajasim Staff,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm glad you will not "forget" Freight Ops areas when applying and your patches & upgardes philosophy sound good to me.
Also your way to designing Airports sceneries as "Simmers" is very intelligent too.
Btw, are you planning to create Airports sceneries outside than the Mexican country :?:
Thanksin advance.
Cheers,
yankeeromeo

Postby bajasim » 29 Oct 2010, 10:11

kar54 wrote:Bajasim Staff,

Your screenshots look fantastic! I spend a great deal of my time flying south of the US boarder and flying to Mexico/Central America in particular. I have sceneries by Taxi2Gate, TropicalSim and FlyMex. I must admit, your level of detail looks as good if not better than anything I have in my collection. I'm especially happy to see you have selected MMSD for your first endeavor. I don't have a real good version of this airport and look forward to your release in the near future. Good luck, I hope to be one of your first customers!

Tom
KCOS

Hi! thanks for your comments, we expect to release a great product, but that can be flyable too :) we will be waiting for your feedback.
Welcome!

Bajasim Staff
bajasim
Site Admin

Postby bajasim » 29 Oct 2010, 10:16

yankeeromeo wrote:Hello Bajasim Staff,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm glad you will not "forget" Freight Ops areas when applying and your patches & upgardes philosophy sound good to me.
Also your way to designing Airports sceneries as "Simmers" is very intelligent too.
Btw, are you planning to create Airports sceneries outside than the Mexican country :?:
Thanksin advance.
Cheers,

We think the main mexican airports deserve a high quality scenery, just like big airports worldwide already has, so we have work to do, however we will be open to suggestions (majority rules :) ).

Bajasim Staff
bajasim
Site Admin

Postby yankeeromeo » 30 Oct 2010, 04:40

Hello Bajasim Staff,

I agree too, there is a lack of Mexican Airports sceneries as well as Canadian Airports, hope to see some ?
Cheers,
yankeeromeo

Next

Return to Announcements